We handle our calves in accordance with the European Union Animal Health and Welfare policy. This guarantees that our calves are:
• Not subjected to undue pain or suffering.
• Raised in spacious, well-lit, well-ventilated barns with group housing where they can interact with other calves.
• Given immediate veterinary treatment and only isolated if they are sick and represent a health risk to the herd.
• Regularly tested to ensure they receive the nutrients they need and prevent the spread of disease.
Our quality control program works with independent organizations such as the Foundation for Quality Guarantee of the Veal Sector (SKV) which ensures food safety through:
• Unannounced inspections of producers, calf feeders, veal farmers and meat processing companies.
• Testing to prevent banned growth-stimulating substances.
• Monitoring of veterinary medication, diet, welfare, hygiene and transportation.
• Regular bio-chemical tests for bacteria such as salmonella, listeria and E. coli.
• “Controlled Quality Veal” (CQV) certifications which guarantee that the veal meets all prerequisites for safe consumption.
Please reach out if you have any questions about or would like to discuss why the continental allure of European veal represents a high-quality, safe and irresistible addition to your menu or meat case.